- Classifier list
- Reference groups (Classifier 11b2)
- Name: Methylation class (anaplastic) pleomorphic xanthoastrocytoma
- Description: The methylation class "(anaplastic) pleomorphic xanthoastrocytoma" mainly comprises tumors with the histological diagnosis of pleomorphic xanthoastrocytoma or anaplastic pleomorphic xanthoastrocytoma and to lesser extent IDH wildtype glioblastomas. Tumors in this class may also show a ganglion cell-like differentiation and may then histologically appear as anaplastic ganglioglioma. Tumors appearing as epithelioid glioblastoma, IDH wildtype may also fall into this class. Distinction of WHO grade II and III pleomorphic xanthoastrocytoma is currently not possible by methylation profiling. Location is typically supratentorial and frequently the temporal lobe is affected; median age is 19 years (range 7 to 51). Tumors of this class frequently harbor BRAF V600E mutations and deletions of chromosome 9 including the CDKN2A/B locus (>70%).
- Histological diagnosis: Pleomorphic xanthoastrocytoma (23; 52.3%); Anaplastic pleomorphic xanthoastrocytoma (10; 22.7%)
- Localisation: supra (26; 96.3%), meningeal unspecified (1; 3.7%), mesenchyme (1; 3.7%)
||Age [median (min-max)]
||19.0 (7.0 - 51.0)