- Classifier list
- Reference groups (Classifier 11b2)
- Name: Methylation class pituicytoma / granular cell tumor / spindle cell oncocytoma
- Description: The methylation class "pituicytoma / granular cell tumor / spindle cell oncocytoma" comprises tumors with the histological diagnoses pituicytoma, granular cell tumor and spindle cell oncocytoma. All tumors are located in or around the sellar region, an association with the infundibulum is typical; median age is 54 years (range 27 to 77). A differentiation between pituicytoma, granular cell tumor and spindle cell oncocytoma is currently not possible based on methylation profiling. Additional characteristic molecular features of this class are not known. Recurrent chromosomal alterations are not observed and most cases show a flat profile in copy number analysis.
- Histological diagnosis: Pituicytoma (11; 37.9%); Granular cell tumor (10; 34.5%)
- Localisation: supra (29; 100%), mesenchyme (1; 3.4%)
||Age [median (min-max)]
||54.0 (27.0 - 77.0)