- Classifier list
- Reference groups (Classifier 11b2)
- Name: Methylation class Ewing sarcoma
- Description: The methylation class "Ewing sarcoma" typically displays a small-cell phenotype with variable, embryonal histology. The cases comprising this reference class were located spinally (extradural) or around the skull base, with several lung metastases also included. Median age is 18.5 years (range 8 to 36). Molecularly, these tumors are characterized by typical EWSR1 fusions. Among other copy number changes, gain of chromosome 8 is particularly frequent (>50% of cases).
- Histological diagnosis: Ewing sarcoma / peripheral primitive neuroectodermal tumor (14; 100%); NA
- Localisation: spinal (2; 18.2%), supra (1; 9.1%)
||Age [median (min-max)]
||18.5 (8.0 - 36.0)